Thursday, 31 May 2012

31 Things: Day 15

Day 15 of Ali's latest class at BPC ~ 31 Things.  Ali describes the class thus: 31 Things is about capturing life right now but will be much more in-depth on a single daily subject than the documentation you might be used to with projects like Week in the Life or Project Life. This workshop is an opportunity to get specific pieces of your story told with the simple goal of telling more.    
Day 15| 09.15am:
Today is Thursday.
I'm on the 2nd floor of Marks & Spencer in XX and am collecting six cushions from the ordering desk.
I have a small bag from Primark, having already bought 2 sets of short pajamas for The Boy Child and a carrier bag from Waitrose (I'm reusing it), having bought bread rolls and raspberries in the Food Hall.
Behind me is our right-hand neighbour.  She of the Leylandii tree.  She does not have any idea that I am her neighbour, even though we have spoken several times about that Leylandii and other dangerous trees she has in her garden.  She is either very forgetful when it comes to recognising the neighbours or very rude.
She dispenses with any of the social niceties and asks me why there isn't anyone serving.  There is, they're just not serving us.  We are number 2 and 3 in the queue.  Her rudeness annoys me. 
I am called to the counter and the sales assistant fetches my order.  Six cushions are awkward and bulky, but we manage to get them into two large bags.  I thank the sales assistant, nod at my neighbour and leave.
I attempt to photograph my shopping bags and my feet.  The camera battery is flat.
I cannot carry anything else.
It is time to head home.      

6 comments:

Kirsty.a said...

Love the fresh Jubilee colours of those cushions. HATE rude people!!

Sian said...

Lovely cushions - classic yet also "of the moment"

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great in the moment journaling!

Alison said...

Fancy your neighbour being next to you in the queue at M&S...and being so rude!
Alison xx

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

Don't do rude people either. I had enough of those working at the doctors. At least she can never say you were rude to her. Just keep smiling when you see her!!
Lovely cushions. Perfect for this weekend. xxx

Missus Wookie said...

Some people astonish me at their rudeness, but I also know I'm terrible at linking faces/names so cringe slightly when others smile - mind you I deal with it by smiling back and nodding at anyone who looks vaguely familiar, so the other extreme :)

Fun colours in those cushions - they look comfy too.