Sunday, 10 June 2012

10 Things

I wrote this post in note form last month, when I was meeting my newly discovered relatives in New York City.  It's essentially a mini-guide for how to survive a city break when travelling by yourself.
1) wear comfortable shoes
2) know where you are going to/coming from
3) keep notes
4) use public transport
5) photograph the differences
6) meet up with blog friends, if at all possible
7) do the tourist thing, but not to the exclusion of everything else
8) eat a big breakfast, much more than you would normally eat
9) remember to slow down and actually enjoy your surroundings
10) do something that epitomises where you are
Don't forget to check out more 10 Things over on Shimelle's blog.

17 comments:

Rhona said...

Love these 10 things. Makes me want to go back to New York because there was so much I idn't get to see xx

E said...

Wonderful ten things! Especially love this - do the tourist thing, but not to the exclusion of everything else. As it so true sometimes we get so caught up in the tourist things we forget to look around and enjoy the simple life of a different place. Thank you for sharing!

JulieJ said...

That breakfast looks delicicous. We didn't get to do all those things - DD was only 4 and we only had one whole day which was spent in Central Park. Still, gives me a good reason to go back.....

Alison said...

Totally forgot about 10 on the 10th!!
Loved your list....but then I love NY!!
Alison xx

Claire Crompton said...

I love your list, it reminds me of my trip to New York back in February. An amazing city.

Cx

MonicaB said...

Great list! I'll have to remember this if I ever get to New York City.

Connie Mercer said...

great list~you have it all covered!!

Kirsty.a said...

Good list, and great photos to go with, as usual

Jennifer Grace said...

Great list. I like the photo of you taking notes. And the breakfast one! x

Kat said...

Like your list! And we usually stick to most on there when going on trips. :) Makes me wanna scrap my pictures from our New York trip 2 years ago.

Charis said...

Great post and good advice!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I must admit, big breakfasts are my favorite part of travel.

Sian said...

A fun list! Those shoes are cute and comfortable :)

Jimjams said...

Looks like a fabulous place to visit.

Julia said...

What a fabulous ten things and how great to meet up with new found relatives!

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

I'll keep all this in mind if we ever get there together xx

Nathalie said...

Sound advices! That would make a great page too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...