Thursday, 7 June 2012

31 Things: Day 20

Day 20 of Ali's latest class at BPC ~ 31 Things.  Ali describes the class thus: 31 Things is about capturing life right now but will be much more in-depth on a single daily subject than the documentation you might be used to with projects like Week in the Life or Project Life. This workshop is an opportunity to get specific pieces of your story told with the simple goal of telling more.    
Day 20 | Carry: 
Here's what I have in my handbag on any given day ~
Nikon D3100 SLR camera,
Mobile phone,
Purse,
House keys,
2012 diary and pen,
Oyster card (London travel card),
Crumbled up clean tissues,
Snack for The Boy Child, depending on the time of day.
My current favourite handbag is a dark red leather satchel-type from Radley. I can fit everything in, but that makes it quite a weighty bag.
Other long standing favourites include ~ 
  • a green polka dot oilcloth saddle bag from Cath Kidston; perfect when carrying a bridge camera around.
  • a short handled leather bag from Mulberry; a Christmas present from The Brainy One.  I love it, but it's not that practical now that I am a parent.
  • a patchwork bag with corduroy handles from Marks & Spencer; it's perfect to use a cabin baggage when flying, as it will hold an enormous amount, including my laptop.  It's also practical on days out with The Boy Child, as it will easily hold packed lunches and drinks.
  • a Jo Totes camera bag in lime green leather; also useful as carry on luggage.  It's very sturdy and has a flat bottom.  The weight when full can be problematic.
There are a number of other bags lurking around in drawers in the spare bedroom.  Each one tells a story and although they may be 20 years old or more, I can't bring myself to get rid of them.

4 comments:

Alison said...

I'm dead boring...a white Kipling bag for summer and some form of black one for winter, with a couple of 'going out' ones too!
Alison xx

Jo.C said...

Great words - I too have a Jo's tote in the turquoise. Hadn't thought of it as a carry on.

Rhona said...

I have a large Cath Kidston barite bag that I use every day and I did use my Jo's Tote bag as hand luggage when we went to Dublin x

Rhona said...

IPad obviously did it's own thing with that last comment =( should be Cath Kidston tote bag! x