Friday, 22 June 2012

In the Swim

I did it.
I went in the pool at the gym this morning.
I swam 12 lengths.
No matter that I stopped a lot.
No matter that I was in the slow lane.
No matter that my swimming style leaves a lot to be desired.
I did it.
I did it wearing a super stylish violet polka dot 2-piece tankini.
There is no photo of that.
You'll just have to believe me.
And I've signed The Boy Child up for junior membership ~ family swim at weekends and 4 hours per day in the creche included in the price.

7 comments:

Beverly said...

AWESOME!!!! I am so very proud of you!!! And it doesn't matter if you had to rest or were slow, each day you'll improve. I had to remind myself of that frequently when I was having to stop for about a 30 sec breather after each lap. Yay you, Ruth :)

Tammy said...

Congratulations, Ruth! That's wonderful!

Kirsty.a said...

Well done you!

Alison said...

WTG Ruth!
Alison xx

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Yay!!!!!

Liz said...

Well done you :0)

Amy said...

Yes, first of all I have to agree AWESOME! Secondly, is that image your pool at the gym? That is one lovely pool, I'd be there a lot if that was where I got to swim - is it busy? Our pools are ALL a lot bigger, at least 8 lanes - even the indoor ones, and have about 3000 people in them at any given time! Well, that is an exaggeration, but you know what I mean!