Monday, 18 June 2012

Photo a Day: 18th June

I picked up Mr Churchill's Secretary last month in Barnes & Noble in New York and read most of it on the flight home.  I enjoyed it, although there were a few basic errors such as describing climbing the stairs to the door of 10, Downing Street ~ there aren't any.  Because it's an American edition, the language is slightly off from a UK perspective.  The author has characters saying things that the British just wouldn't say, especially during the war years.  Other than that, it was an likeable, light read and I will probably read the next one in the series when it comes out.
The Memoir Project was recommended by Sian and Twyla Tharp has been plugged on several blogs I read.  I'm open to reading both of them.
Bring Up the Bodies is the follow up to Wolf Hall and I can't put it down.  (I seem to remember that with Wolf Hall as well.)  I'm about 3/4 of the way through and am reading far too late at night.
What  are you reading?

3 comments:

Amy said...

I will make a note of these titles Ruth, I've nearly finished my stack and I'll need some new reads!

Alison said...

I've just finished 'The Thread' by Victoria Hyslop, which I really enjoyed
Alison xx

Sian said...

I am saving Hilary Mantel for my holidays. It's sitting beside the bed taunting me. I'm very very glad you bought The Memoir Project - I've been wrestling with my conscience over sending you my copy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...