Friday, 15 June 2012

Shimelle's Starting Point Challenge

I haven't done a Shimelle challenge for a number of months; I haven't done any scrapbooking proper since my FiL died.
These photos are just your ordinary run of the mill type, but I wanted them to have a place in our 2012 album.
The Boy Child made a friend during our many visits to the park.
He doesn't live near us, he doesn't go to the same school, he and his mum are often leaving as we arrive.
But, no matter, because he is The Boy Child's friend.
He doesn't see that The Boy Child is different.
He sees his friend.
And for that, I'll be forever grateful.

10 comments:

Denise said...

Lovely layout,I've not done a Shimelle challenge for some while either- so I put that right this week.Looks like the two little friends have great fun with the cricket x

Sian said...

A shared love of cricket is a powerful thing

Rhona said...

That's the wonderful thing about children at that age, they don't see the differences - a friend is a friend whoever he may be :) xx

Alison said...

That's what friends are about!
Alison xx

Mel said...

Love the layout. Thanks so much for my happy mail! It really cheered me up on this grim and rainy Friday! The postcards are so cute - I have tweeted about them. https://twitter.com/melbakes11/status/213689483521032193/photo/1

Sarah said...

Fab layout for this weeks starting point!! Friends like that are fabulous!! Happiness! x

Kirsty.a said...

A lovely layout with a great story behind it.

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

Children see things so clearly. They look like they're having fun playing cricket xx

Jane said...

lovely words and a great take on Shimelle's starting point x

Missus Wookie said...

Not seeing the differences is indeed a wonderful gift. We have been blessed with some older now friends who now do see the differences, accept them and make allowances - such a wonderful gift too.