Thursday, 9 August 2012

Eye, Eye

The Boy Child has a problem with his left eye.
I don't know what it is.
Three different doctors don't know what it is.
We started with this.
We moved on to this.
And then this.
As those of you with children know, getting eye drops in to a small and wriggling person is nigh on impossible.  Add in the Autism factor and its left me, The Brainy One and The Boy Child as emotional wrecks.
We are now waiting for the results of an eye swab.
I have taken to strong drink.  

6 comments:

debs14 said...

Poor boy, hope they find out the right treatment for it very soon - for everyone's sake! I can remember having to practically sit on my daughter whilst tipping her backwards over a bean bag to try and get eye drops in so you really do have my sympathy and understanding. Ointment is much easier, a quick squirt inside the eyelid and a big blink - job done!

Rhona said...

Oh dear, I know only too well what you mean. Hope the swab shows what it is and it can be cleared soon.

Tammy said...

Hope the doctors can find an answer soon!! Hugs for you and your family.

Amy said...

Ruth I can fully empathise with you, TSYO has had eye issues since birth and it is not easy, not one little bit. I hope the swab gives you a clear diagnosis and you can all move on from there.

Alison said...

Hope they find something that clears it up...and would it be too much to hope that it wasn't more drops?!
Alison xx

Sian said...

I don't blame you.

I hope they find an answer for you. I really do.