Sunday, 5 August 2012

Photo a Day: 5th August

Once upon a time there was a young girl who dreamed of going to the Olympic Games.  Now, that young girl is in her mid 40s, the Olympic Games are in her adopted home city and the closest she's come to fulfilling that dream is holding four tickets to tonight's athletic events in the Olympic Stadium.
The tickets belong to The Brainy One's cousin and his family ... ah, well ....
This post is brought to you in association with Sian's Storytelling Sunday.

10 comments:

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

That is a bummer!

Sian said...

Yes, it is! I have surprised myself with how much the whole thing has pulled me in. I thought I was an Olympic Refusnik, but apparently not!

Did you get out to see the marathon this morning?

Jane said...

aren't they lucky!!

heart.hearth.home. said...

Pleased to hear of someone who got tickets... just sorry it wasn't you Ruth.
I have really enjoyed looking at all the Olympic photographs you have posted as I missed last week's events.

Missus Wookie said...

Oh I'm sorry you don't get to go!

debs14 said...

What a shame they didn't offer one of the tickets to you! So near, yet so far away!

Alison said...

What a shame you haven't been able to get tickets Ruth...I've been enjoying your daily roundups!
Alison xx

Amy said...

You had me very excited there for a minute!

furrypig said...

I saw those tickets and thought how lucky you were to have got to see the athletics especially this weekend!! We tried so hard to get athletics tickets but no luck. We did enjoy hockey and basketball though so we were fortunate enough to get to the Olympic Park.

Chipper said...

What cool looking tickets, but I am sorry that they aren't yours. It would have been nice if they were.