Thursday, 6 September 2012

Photo a Day: 6th September

I finalised the paperwork today for our up and coming Awfully Big Adventure. In just over a week's time, The Brainy One and I are leaving for the second part of our nephew's wedding; a full nuptial mass in the beautiful town (city?) of Cartagena on the Caribbean coast of Colombia.
There will also be a 3 night stop over in Miami on the way out.
That part of the trip will just be me and The Brainy One.
A bit like a mini second honeymoon, if you will.
It will be fantastic and slightly strange at the same time.
Fantastic because it will be just the two of us.
Slightly strange because we will be without The Boy Child.
As we are going to be away the best part of 10 days, my mum and Auntie V have stepped manfully in to the breech and will be taking excellent care of The Boy Child and the pooch.  I have no worries about that part of the 10 days at all.
Have any of you ever been to Cartagena?

11 comments:

humel said...

No, never - what a wonderful opportunity, I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back! I hope you don't miss your boy too much xx

Missus Wookie said...

Oh what an exciting adventure indeed. Hope you have a wonderful time together :)

Amy said...

No, but it reminds me of the film Romancing the Stone ... did you ever see that one?

Karen said...

What a fantastic adventure and I am in doubt that you will come back to an extremely spoilt boychild.

Alison said...

I've never been to that part of the world, but have no doubt you will have a wonderful time!..as will TBC, having his own adventure with Granny and Auntie!
Alison xx

Ladkyis said...

there used to be a computer game called PIRATES for the Atari - way back nearly 20 years ago and in that I sacked Cartagena several times. I have never been there in real life. I hope you have a spare memory card for the camera because we, the ones who remain behind, are not concerned with anything but photographs!! Tell TBO he has to take pictures too. We will fall on you on your return. Enjoy

Sian said...

Wow, now that is seriously exciting. No, I've never been. In fact, we've never been away anywhere without the kids. Lack of babysitters!

Have an amazing time

Kirsty.a said...

sounds wondeful. I've never been, I'm afaid. Hope you have an amazing time

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

No, I've never been but I am so excited for you, Ruth! Can't wait to see the fab photos you will no doubt be taking! Enjoy!!!

Beverly said...

We haven't been there so I can't wait to hear your stories and see the pics. I am sure The Boy Child will have his own extremely exciting adventure :)

Pauline said...

I haven't been to Cartagena but we have been to Miami before and loved it. If you're there a few days you should check out a Duck Tour - an amphibious vehicle drives you around the sites and then goes on the water to take you for a boat ride past all the 'stars' houses. We saw some dolphins on that part of the trip too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...