Friday, 12 October 2012

Move More:Eat Well ~ September


September; rather ruined by nine days away in Miami and Cartagena and five days of jetlag.
Or was it?
Let’s see.
I walked the dog a total of fourteen {14} times.
I went to Zumba once. 
I went swimming three {3} times, but two of those sessions were at Family Swim with The Boy Child.
I went to my first ever Aquarobics class.
I rode a bike twice, for an hour each time.
So there you have it.  Some good, some not so good.
But the main thing to focus on is that I did something during the month.
This month may well be the worst month of 2012 for exercise but when compared to September 2011, it’s flipping marvellous.  I have to keep things in perspective and work on seeing myself accurately in order to continue to work on what is needed; to keep looking at the bigger picture.
No-one else cares how many times I did or didn’t do something in a month.  That’s not what this year has been about and I shouldn’t be hard on myself.
Weight wise, it’s no surprise to learn that I appear to have gained a little ~ good food and alcohol does that to you.  Snacking wise, staying in a hotel is perfect for ending the late evening graze ~ there’s nothing to hand and no-one in their right mind is going to purchase the hugely expensive snacks from the mini-bar.
  ~ my SiL and me: Miami, September ~

3 comments:

humel said...

Good for you - for keeping going, and for seeing the positives and not being discouraged :)

I'm hoping for upper arm definition from all this use of crutches!!

Ladkyis said...

Stacked against my Walked into town - half a mile - once that's (1) time. You are a fanatic!
You are beginning to influence me too because I sometimes think, as I climb the steps from my back yard, If Ruth cam exercise more when she has so much to do then I can move a little faster up the steps and get a bit of cardiovascular going on.
Well done you!

Missus Wookie said...

Well done for staying positive and comparing it to last Sept. Weddings don't happen that often after all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...