Friday, 30 November 2012

30 Days of Thankful: Share-a-Page-Fridays

American blogger and scrapbooker Cathy Zielske began a month long project to record all the things she is thankful for on a daily basis.  You can see the beginning of her album here.  She designed her pages in 6x6 and made them available to purchase for a few pounds.
You can see my first batch of pages herehere and here.

Day 23: thankful for the technology that is the text message.  It meant that I didn't spent 20 minutes standing outside a church hall on a cold, dark and windy night.  Day 24: thankful for the friendships that The Boy Child continues to make at school. 
Day 25: thankful that The Boy Child enjoys his swimming lessons.  Even if he hasn't actually mastered the art of swimming yet.  Day 26: thankful for the written word.  Deb, I'm talking about you.
Day 27: thankful that we don't live in an area where flooding has occurred.  Day 28: thankful that we are in a position to be able to help others.  Times are hard for many and it's good to be able to help in a small way.
Day 29: thankful for the opportunity and the ability to slope off for a picnic at the pictures.  Day 30: thankful that we live in a London suburb where there is plenty of green space.   
There you have it.  A whole month of counting my blessings and recording them.  My life isn't one full of glamour and excitement.  It's ordinary and everyday, yet I still found something or someone to be thankful for each and every day.
And that in itself is something to be thankful for, wouldn't you say?

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Really enjoyed your gratitude posts. Definitely want to try this idea next year. I often overlook the good things in our lives so it would be good to take time to be grateful.

Catherine said...

You know, ordinary and everyday is wonderful. What a great project this has been for those of us doing it...we got to spend the whole month thinking about how lucky we are. :)

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Aw, I made the book! :o) How very grateful I am to have found such a sweet friend in such an unlikely way! Who would have ever thought that we would share such a history merely through our blogs?!?! I love the way this universe works!

Your gratitude journal is so lovely, Ruth. And I am ALWAYS impressed with your dedication to projects such as this. Well done, my friend! Well done.

Amy said...

Some of your entries remind me of mine and I had the exact same thought, our life is by no means glamorous or exotic - but it is our life and it is a good one!

Karen said...

Lovely book Deb and what a lovely way to use it Ruth.

Alison said...

I have enjoyed your 'Thankful' posts Ruth..I must try and be more organised next year-maybe that should be my OLW!
Alison xx

Sian said...

Yes! A tonic to read, Ruth. Very enjoyable.