Friday, 2 November 2012

Photo a Day: 2nd November | Lunch with Mel

The Boy Child and I went to see Mel today.  We took a small gift, which I forgot to photograph, and lunch.  I say lunch, but don't get any big ideas ~ baguette, ham, Manchego cheese, kettle crisps and Maltesers.  There was also Battenburg, but I forgot about the nut content of marzipan.  Sorry, Mel.
As luck would have it, Mel's The Doctor was working from home today and agreed to be official photographer.  The Boy Child appointed himself official photographer's assistant.  He also decreed that he should have his photo taken with me and The Doctor ...
  ~ photographer: Mel ~
The Boy Child made himself at home, chatting with Mel about what he'd done over half-term and how he'd seen the film Hotel Transylvania.  Before I knew it, Mel had whipped a photobook of the bookshelf (which is a book lover's dream, by the way) and the pair of them then browsed through photos of Transylvania from 2010 ...
Just before The Boy Child went to bed, I asked him if he'd had a good day.
"Yes, Mummy.  It was magic."
Thanks, Mel and her The Doctor; very much looking forward to living nearer to you in the near future. 
.

9 comments:

humel said...

It was the best kind of lunch, and the best kind of day, with the best kind of friend xx

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Oh I just love seeing posts like this one! :o)

Tammy said...

How very special!!! Wonderful photos. :)

Missus Wookie said...

Sounds like a magical day indeed :)

Ladkyis said...

Wonderful!

Amy said...

Absolutely and completely wonderful - so, when are you headed down here? From my recollections you already have some connections ..... and my deck is itching to entertain international guests!

Alison said...

Sounds like a perfect visit!
Alison xx

Sian said...

It sounds lovely! Or maybe I should say - magic!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

How wonderful to be able to visit like that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...