Monday, 3 December 2012

Photo a Day: 3rd December

In any other year, I'd be done with writing Christmas cards.
I'm struggling with actually sitting down and putting pen to card; this shot is staged in an attempt to get me going.
It didn't work.
To be fair, I have written five cards which are going overseas and I actually posted them this morning.  My UK Christmas card list has been cut dramatically over the last few years, with the money I would have spent on cards and postage going to charity.  So how come I still have a list of about 30 names?
The Brainy One has been no help; "don't send any, then."  Which is fine, in theory. Until he asks, "have we (use of the royal we, there) sent Aunt X a card and what about Cousin Y?  Could you rustle up a recent photo or two of The Boy Child to pop in their cards?"
I'm not really feeling the Christmas spirit yet, can you tell?

7 comments:

Liz said...

Apart from a few family ones with customary photos, I'm not sending any this year and the money is going to charity. I hate having to write cards. Why is it always my job? xxx

Ladkyis said...

I thought about not sending any and then I realised that I love to receive them and then I make new cards out of them and give them to the charity shop to sell next year. I enjoy making new cards out of old ones and I usually make my own cards to send even though I don't consider myself a card maker..... I suppose that making 200 cards for the charity does make me a card maker eh?

Alison said...

I keep trying to cut down on the number of cards I send, but still find myself sending..and writing (why IS it a woman's job??) what seems like hundreds of them!
Alison xx

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Husbands always throw a monkey wrench into things. LOL

I heard the wonderful news today about your young royals, and I had to come over to say how happy I am! I posted about it after I got an email from England. This is the best news I've heard in ages. I really like those two!

XO,

Sheila

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

The husband and Christmas card scenario is a universal thing! LOL. I really need to trim my list down as well, and I'm starting to stress about my international cards reaching the recipients on time! I need to get them in the mail THIS WEEK but haven't put pen to paper yet myself!

Amy said...

You are not the only one Ruth and Deb is exactly right. I have simplified things considerably but am still rushing a bit - I have just stamped all the cards ready to be sent tomorrow - I hope they make it on time!

Rhona said...

Well, I'm afraid I haven't made a start on any cards yet. I certainly haven't made any this year and if I don't get a move on, no one will be getting any :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...