Monday, 28 January 2013

This Weekend I ...

This weekend I packed a picnic lunch for The Boy Child.  I took enough food for a small army of children and our trip took no longer than three hours there and back.  Not much remained when we got home.
This weekend I took The Boy Child to spend £10 of his birthday money.
This weekend I treated The Boy Child to hot chocolate in Starbucks.
This weekend I took The Boy Child in to town to visit the London Tourist Board (to see what info I could gather for Deb and Carrie's impending visit.  Squeals with excitement.)
This weekend I wore both gloves and sunglasses.
This weekend I put yet more Lego together.
This weekend I emptied the ironing basket.
This weekend I took The Boy Child to Family Swim at my gym, twice.
This weekend I ate The Brainy One's delicious home-made pizza.
This weekend I sat with The Brainy One and watched a double episode of Borgen, while drinking tea and eating chocolate.
This weekend I read a few chapters of My Animals and Other Family by Clare Balding. Super read.
This weekend I have listened to The Boy Child read through six pages of his reading book.
This weekend I took The Boy Child out for breakfast.
This weekend I managed to watch the final two sets of the Australian Open Men's Final. I wanted Murray to win, obviously, but Djokovic was a worthy winner.
This weekend I managed to actually read The Sunday Times.  It normally sits on the kitchen counter until about Thursday.
This weekend I cleaned the kitchen windows.
This weekend I took The Boy Child for his swimming lesson.  It was his third time in the pool this weekend.
This weekend I called in at the supermarket to pick up a few things that I'd forgotten earlier in the week.
This weekend I cleaned The Boy Child's school shoes.
This weekend I discussed with The Brainy One which Estate Agent to choose.
This weekend I watched Call the Midwife and Mr Selfridge.  The Brainy One watched bloke TV ~ Top Gear and a science-type program with PBC.

I should remember this weekend when I feel that we don't really do anything!
How was your weekend?

4 comments:

Liz said...

It's amazing what you can pack into a weekend without really trying. Mine was all housework and tidying. no coffee out for me unfortunately.
When are Deb & Carrie visiting?

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Wow! That was a busy weekend. Of course, I'm sure you can guess what my favorite part was. :o) Thanks so much for helping us out, Ruth!

Rhona said...

You were super busy - how did you fit it all in ;o) So looking forward to Deb & Carrie's visit too, very exciting!

Alison said...

I'm certain my weekend wasn't as busy as that!
Alison xx