Friday, 1 March 2013

One Little Word Blog Hop: February

Welcome to the second blog hop of 2013 for One Little Word.  One Little Word is the brainchild of Ali Edwards and you can find out more here.  The hop is organised by Lee of The Linar Studio blog fame.  You'll find a full list of participants at the end of this post ~ do try and get around as many as you can; you'll be amazed by the the number of different words chosen.
And so to my word for 2013.  Change.
My word chose itself.

For February, Ali suggested creating a vision board. 
I don't mind admitting that my heart sank when I read that. 
I'm also admitting that vision boards are not me.  I can admire them as the work of others and I'm pretty sure that many of the participants in this hop will have created boards of visual magnificence.  
But I will not be one of them.
I tried.  I really did.
I gathered together a whole five pieces torn from magazines.
After sitting at my desk for what seemed like hours, I had an epiphany.
Change has made its presence felt in our lives in February.  
And I have a photo of it.  Enlarged to A4 and in my album.
It felt liberating to actually disregard Ali's suggestion.  Bold.  I looked at her idea for February and I went with something else.
I changed it.
Living proof of my word in action.

Hop participants:
Lee: http://thelinarstudio.typepad.com/embracelife
Ruth: http://suburbansahm.blogspot.com **you are here**
Kathleen: http://jkplusthree.blogspot.com

11 comments:

Margareta Carlsson said...

That is wonderful! You did it! Weee! And it looks awesome too! :)

Lee Currie said...

Good for you! Great take on the assignment :) I was reluctant, too. It looks like a lot of us were!

kelly s. said...

That is great! I love the feeling you get when you step out of the box and do something totally different from the norm! How BOLD of you! :)

Karen said...

I love that you embraced your word, but! you need to go back and do your vision board (gosh darn it). It occurred to me as I read you say that you "admire" what other people have done with their boards. That's the key - these boards aren't for other people to admire (or even understand) - they are personal instruments for "change" - your very word! Go on - give it one more shot!

Missus Wookie said...

I like that you didn't feel constrained with the prompts - I didn't either.

Oh and the bloggers weekend I'm on all say hello :)

Cheri said...

Glad you found a way around the prompt that worked for you! I still think when you are feeling up to stepping out of your comfort zone you should give the vision board a shot - it might surprise you.

Kara Monroe said...

I love that you CHANGEd up the prompt and did your own thing. The picture of the pieces you gathered looks like you had some good stuff in there - even if it's not a vision board, those pieces are probably still inspiring you in some way.

Veronica said...

i think it's awesome that you changed things to suit what you needed and i agree with Kara that the pieces you did gather might still inspire, maybe just stick those on sheet and slip it behind your photo...you never know!!

Naomi said...

You go, girl! "Bold" is a great word to describe that feeling after sitting with being so uncomfortable for so long!

alexa said...

Good for you for going with your instinct - much more empowering than doing what you were told, as it happens! (I haven't done a vision board either this month). A prompt is just that, and it prompted you to do something else :).

Lisa said...

LOVE that you did your own thing! Well done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...