Saturday, 2 March 2013

Scrapbook Saturday | Telling Tales

It's worth repeating what I said a couple of Scrapbook Saturday posts agoMiss Smith's Telling Tales is continuing apace and her suggestions for a different take on a page, combined with telling the story are consistently thought provoking and inspiring.
Prompt 8 was all about putting journaling spots behind patterned paper.  Never.  That was my immediate thought.  And a week or so later, the jury is still out on whether I would ever do this on a 12x12 layout.  What I did instead, was to try it out on the cover on my work-in-progress travel journal.  Hardly adventurous, but a starting point.  
Have you done this prompt?  I'd love to see what you did.
Prompt 9 was all about using stamped journaling spots.  I laughed.  However, I did find a stamp still attached to an acrylic block.  I suppose I should have re-inked after each imprint, but I rather like the overall effect. 
Prompt 10 was all about journaling captioned photos.  I enjoyed this one ~ perfect for a set of photos that are uninspiring on their own.
Prompt 11 was all about telling the story behind the photo.  I wrote about what I get from having coffee with a friend after school drop-off.
For this last page, destined for The Boy Child's album, I went back to prompt 2: hidden journaling.
I hadn't planned to hide the journaling, but in the end I felt that putting it anywhere else would upset the page's balance.  The line of London buses was cut from a postcard. I used this photo is a smaller size for prompt one.

8 comments:

Rhona said...

Great layouts Ruth. I particularly enjoy the one about having a coffee with a friend. Sometimes we forget to appreciate these times. x

Cheri said...

Kudos to you. I haven't kept up with this class at all!

Beverly said...

You have been busy and doing a beautiful job of it :)

Amy said...

These are all lovely layouts Ruth and I really like that shot of TBC in his wetsuit and socks - hilarious!

Missus Wookie said...

Glad to see you are making time to create - even whilst living in a show ready house. Time with a friend is always such a blessing. The flair on your travel journal made me smile - so appropriate!

S said...

Oh it looks like that class is leading you to document many good times. Great pages here.

Jane said...

I'm way behind on this class but have loved all the prompts

Alison said...

I actually SAW Mis Smith this weekend...and had to apologise profusely for not having got past the first prompt! Lovely LOs
Alison xx