Saturday, 30 March 2013

Scrapbook Saturday

It's been three weeks since I posted about about a scrapbook page (or two).  That's because I haven't done any scrapbooking.  This week, however, I set myself a target of two layouts.
I saw a post on Shimelle's blog about using triangles on a page and there was a sketch to try.  I made a page about my FiL for the last entry in our 2012 album.
That photo is actually a few years old, but it is my favourite one of him that I took.  I added the name he was known by, not the name he was Christened with.
And a page about last Sunday's perfect day.  I went back to Shimelle's idea from her 4x6 Photo Love prompts and made a concertina to hold six photos, three on each side. (The paper clip was just there to hold it shut while I took the photo.)  The title is taken from Carrie's Instagram hashtag.  Or at least I think that's what it is, because I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.  But I have seen it on her FB page, if that counts.
What have you been working on?

13 comments:

Abi said...

I really like the use of triangles and how clever to use the hashtag as the title! I am working on some more weaving projects at the moment.

scrappyjacky said...

That's a wonderful page of your FIL....the triangles work really well....I must give that a go.
I must also dig out my 'Brit' papers to make a page about last Sunday....I like how you've included lots of extra photos.

Rhona said...

I love both of these layouts Ruth. The photo of your FIL is so natural looking, just the type I love. And what a great layout for last weekends lunch :) Glad you and TBC got to see Deb and Carrie again today before they left.
Have a Happy Easter with your family xx

Alison said...

Love both pages, Ruth...the concertina book was a clever idea!
Alison xx

Norma said...

I do like that concertina. I did one once and was really pleased with it. The page with your FIL is lovely . Well done.

Anonymous said...

great points altogether, you simply gained a brand new
reader. What could you recommend about your put up that you just made some
days ago? Any positive?

Also visit my blog post; heart rate monitor

dogmatix said...

Great pages and love the concertina
Happy Easter

dogmatix said...

Great pages and love the concertina
Happy Easter

alexa said...

I love your concertina book of that wonderful get-together :). And that's a very pretty page about your FIL.All those triangles work beautifully together ...

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Oh, Ruth, I loved seeing your scrapbook page of our visit in a little larger format on your blog this afternoon (as opposed to the back of your camera). A great way to add more photos to a page.

And the one of your FIL is awesome - great photo of him! xo

Missus Wookie said...

Cool mini washi taped photo collection and love the title, don't understand it myself but think it looks good. Wonderful photo and how apt of FIL.

Congratulations on getting to your scrapping target too.

Becky said...

Love the concertina layout. I like the triangle one too - I did a similar one this weekend after reading Shimelle's blog!

Carrie Rosalind said...

LOVE the Daughter and Deb Do England page! :) (And I love that you incorporated the hashtag, too!) I can't wait to start scrapping our trip and using some similar pictures!