Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Simply a Moment

I'm sitting at the kitchen table, surrounded by school-related paperwork and assorted piles of laundry.  The paperwork relates both to The Boy Child's current school and the school we hope he will go to in September.  There are signatures required, a letter to be drafted and a cheque to be written.  My iPad Mini is there as well, fired up and showing a selection of properties on the Rightmove website.
I can hear the low rumbling of the TV in the living room, where The Brainy One is watching the local news.  The Boy Child is pottering about, humming Amazing Grace and periodically asking Daddy to read to him.
I can also hear the quiet sloshing of the dishwasher, which is packed to the gunnels with pots, pans and plates from supper-time.
On the kitchen floor, in front of the bin, is a black bag half full of non-recyclable rubbish and paper recycling.
Both are waiting to be put outside in readiness for collection tomorrow morning.
It's time to get on.  After a busy Easter holidays, I am ready for school to restart tomorrow and for our lives to get back into some sort of organised routine.

Monday, 15 April, 2013: 18.50 hours. 

Alexa, of Trimming the Sails, invites people to share a moment with her around this date of each month. Nothing fancy, just a few well chosen words, or a photo, or a scrapbook page.
What's your moment?

  

9 comments:

alexa said...

Lovely to be able to pop into your home, Ruth, and experience a little fragment of your day, so clearly described. I do hope that you find a home soon, and it's cheering that the schools bit is already in motion. That's a very cool bit of Lego building, by the way ... Thank-you so much for linking up and joining in this month :).

Cheri said...

It sounds so totally domestic - paperwork and bills - I can definitely relate!

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

As fun as it is to have a break from work/school, I really appreciate the day-to-day routines that keep me grounded, so I know what you mean!

Lovely moment in time, Ruth.

Amy said...

Yes, I can relate too - we returned to school this week and my moment reflects that as well.
Love the Lego!

Sian said...

I love the bin lorry! being able to hear everyone in the family simply going about their business all together like that is a good thing, isn't it

Liz said...

I can picture where each of you are at that precise moment. :0)

Any luck on house hunting?

Cris AdF said...

I really want to have a moment like yours...surrounded by my sons stuff...
thanks
xx
cris
lalchimisteartisane.blogspot.com

Missus Wookie said...

I like days like that - everyone busy doing their own things, catching up on errands and enjoying them yet also ready for the routine to come back.

Becky said...

Lovely to share this moment with you :) thank you x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...