Thursday, 30 May 2013

Family Time(r)

Of late, I seem to be the one behind the camera at family get togethers. Today, however, I wanted to be in the photos.  Cue use of the camera's self-timer.
Mum, The Boy Child and I went out to the country to see my cousin and her son. My cousin is recovering from carpal tunnel and both she and her son are fed up. (husband and daughter are both away this week.) My other cousin's son was at a loose end, so we scooped him up for the day as well.
The six of us together meant that we made three generations.
We had 3 mums, 1 daughter, 1 granny, 1 auntie, 1 niece, 1 great auntie, 2 sons, 4 first cousins, 3 first cousins once removed, 3 second cousins and I think that's about it. That's a lot of family in just six people, isn't it?

I've added this last photo to this post for one reason.
Because I love it.
They are second cousins. 
They adore each other. They look alike.
I love families.


8 comments:

alexa said...

That is a great photo of you all in line! And the resemblances are striking ... Mind you, I think you and your Mum share a lot too!

Rhona said...

Great photos and lovely to see you in there too :) xx

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Such fun family photos - so glad you've been enjoying your time together. And you're right, your boy looks a lot like his cousin (and it is such a cute photo)!

Abi said...

I love the timer! Such great pictures and all the generations together.

Amy said...

I always feel ridiculously proud of myself when I manage to get into a photo ... even if I don't always actually like it, your shots have turned out really well and it's great seeing everyone together!

Liz said...

Great shots. Nice to see you in the picture for a change xxx

Alison said...

Great pics...and we'll done for Woking out all the relationships!
Alison xx

Becky said...

Lovely photos :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...