Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Weekday Walks

Little Venice on a beautiful September day.
The ladies who walk.
From left: S is from Australia, O is newly arrived from Norway and doesn't have horns in real life (not sure of her home country), Y is from Holland, as is P.
Such is life in cosmopolitan London. 
 The Grand Union canal; the busiest canal in the UK
 Floating cafe and permanent floating homes on the Regent's Canal.
The home of Little Venice's newest resident: Robbie Williams.  He paid £27 million sterling. 
I really enjoyed the guided tour today.  The guide was both knowledgeable and witty. Two hours passed very quickly and we still had time for a pub lunch (which I forgot to photograph).
Next up, the Inns of Court.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful scenery Ruth. I love the idea of a floating home.

Sian said...

I never think of you having canal boats in your part of the world. What a lovely walk that would be

Ladkyis said...

At first I thought the 27M sterling was for the houseboat and gawped at the picture. Then I realised it was just a birthday bimbo moment and it was the next picture that was really that much

Liz said...

I'd love a house boat but your BIL won't let me have one!!!

Rhona said...

Looks like a good outing. Was it an organised tour or did one of the ladies know all about the area?

Kirsty.A said...

Looks great. Glad you had fun

furrypig said...

Ooh I used to love little Venice, so many of the boat owners are really friendly and chatty unlike so many other town dwellers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...