Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Simply a Moment

The gentleman on the other end of the telephone is charm personified.  "Are you a Rewards card holder, madam?  It's like a Tesco Clubcard.  It's not a credit card.  You need to be a holder in order to visit the Grotto.  I can put you through to Rewards after you've spoken to the Grotto; it wouldn't be a problem."
~ seen in West London today ~
I'm just about to reply when the front door bell rings.  I quickly ask the chap on the other end of the line to hold and head to the front door, where I am met by a previously sleeping pooch.
On the other side of the door is the man from DHL, with my order from Studio Calico ~ the December Daily kit.
As I close the door, the chap at Harrods has transferred my call to the Grotto and I hear a recorded message informing me that all spaces in December for Santa's Grotto have been filled.
Ah, well.  It was worth a try. 

Wednesday, 16 October, 3 pm. 

**This post is brought to you in association with Alexa's monthly Simply a Moment.**

14 comments:

WendyB said...

Just over from Trimming the Sails - What a shame that you couldn't get into the grotto. I wonder when they open up their list, it still feels too early to be thinking of Christmas for me.

Kirsty.A said...

Shame! Love the look of the dec Daily kit though

scrappyjacky said...

And why on earth would they insist you need to be a reward card holder to visit the grotto?????
The kit looks great.

Pauline said...

My December Daily kit arrived today too - very exciting!

Deb@threeisacharm said...

Love the look of that kit! Happy scrapping! We took my son to the Grotto when he was 7 - it was late November and we were able to walk right in. November seems a bit early, I know, but might worth a try.

alexa said...

Lovely to read your moment, even though part of it was not successful - hard to believe its all booked up already. Yikes! What a nice consolation in the form of your pretty kit full of eye candy, though! I was so pleased to see your,intriguing title in the Linky, and thank you very much for sharing a little bit of your day with us. PS I like the way you put Harrods on hold - I don't know if I would have dared!

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Ooooh...the December Daily kit looks wonderful! Pity that the Boy Child will not be seeing Santa at the Grotto this year.

I love knowing WHERE Harrod's is and also the fact that Carrie and I went there. Really cool!

Sian said...

It's not the only grotto in town :) Hope you find another lovely one

Louise said...

i'm not surprised it's already booked up! the arrival of your Christmas kit must have made up for the disappointment.....a little bit. I hope you find somewhere just as nice x

Abi said...

Wow, the Harrods grotto! As the others have said though i'm not surprised. No harm in trying though! That kit looks lovely.
I have been catching up with your posts. The boy child's office is lovely. That shade of paint really makes the space pop!

Amy said...

Sian's comment made me laugh ... yes, there's bound to be another grotto in that great city of yours!

Mel said...

As if its full up already - craziness! We used to love Harrods toy department as kids - its such a shame that it has gone!

Becky said...

Oh that was a shame! I didn't even know that you had to book to go to the grotto at Harrods! Very envious of your kit - I've seen them arriving at a lot of homes over the past week! I've ordered Shimelle's one, so am hoping that is just as good!

Julie Kirk said...

I think that's one of the great things about blogging - it doesn't matter how the story ends [or whether you get booked into the grotto or not] ... there's always a story in there to share somewhere!