Friday, 29 November 2013

3,000

So it appears that this is my 3,000th blog post.
I began this blog at the beginning of February, 2008.  It was a means to an end; a way for my mum and sister to see what was going on in our everyday lives.  After I joined a few online classes, it grew into something else.  It became a way to meet and interact with like-minded others, while still keeping the family informed.
Three thousand posts later and it's a blog for me.  I use it to share our lives, my scrapbooking and photography.  I also use it as a way to express how I feel about living with The Boy Child's Autism, something that I thought I would never share on the Internet.  The highs, the lows, the successes and the failures.
I hope I've picked up some readers along the way.
I know I've made some good friends.
This year has seen the least amount of posts.  I don't love blogging any less, it's just that I am trying to find my way.  To decide in what direction to go in order to move forward.

How about a wee giveaway?
I have one Basic Grey Hipster journal up for grabs.
Just leave a comment.
That's all you have to do and I'll do the draw on Sunday evening.

10 comments:

furrypig said...

wow wow wow 3000 posts is pretty impressive Ruth! I am a pretty rubbish blogger most of the time but I do love reading other people's blogs. One of the reasons i like your posts are that they are not too long and get to the point have great photos yet still remain very personal. Thanks and here's to the next 3000!

ScrappingKatie said...

3,000 posts is pretty special :) I recently found your blog and as a new SAHM I am enjoying reading about your adventures and the challenges of life. And beautiful crafty things too. Thank you for sharing x good luck with the next 3000 posts!

Amy said...

Holy, moly ... 3000! Ruth, it has been such a pleasure to meet you through this great hobby of ours - I love visiting your blog and may you continue to write, in whatever shape or form that takes for you, for many years to come!

cate behind the purple door said...

Happy 3000! It's been a pleasure getting to know you and the brainy one and the boy child!

Pauline said...

Congratulations on getting to 3000! I fail terribly at blogging yet I love reading them. I visit you several times a week and really enjoy your style of writing so selfishly I really hope you continue blogging!

scrappyjacky said...

That really is a lot of posts....well done.

Louise said...

I enjoying reading your posts! It's interesting to read how a blog starts out and then what it becomes x

Ladkyis said...

3000 posts! wow. I must say that finding you and then following your blog has been a marvellous experience for me. I have learnt so much about autism because I simply had to look up and read and ask former colleagues for information and more reading. I am now looking at several children who go to school with my granddaughter with more open eyes and giving their mothers huge respect for their skills. Thank you for educating me

Heather said...

Wowser Ruth!! 3000 posts lol puts mine to shame :)
I love reading your blog & Im happy yours survived the blog-cull I performed a few months back (mostly to encourage me to read just the ones I really enjoyed). My 10 yr old boy is also on the Autism Spectrum and has real tough moments and then some real good moments!!
Keep up with the good work xx

alexa said...

My goodness, that is a totally splendid total - many congratulations!