Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Struck Down

Sunday evening, from out of nowhere, I was struck down with the lurgy.
It was lucky that it didn't happen during The Boy Child's swimming lesson.
It was unlucky that it happened during supper out.
This was me on Monday ...
This was me from Tuesday afternoon ...
Today I am upright but worn out.
And you're spared a selfie of what I look like.
Believe me when I say, it's not good.
All those things I had planned for this week?
Not going to happen.
Lots of sitting down activities like reading and scrapbooking are the order of the day.

But only if the heating is fixed.
The Brainy One decided to bleed all the radiators today.
The heating came on at 4pm.
Only it didn't.
Every. Single. Radiator. Is. Stone. Cold.
And the indoor temperature is falling.
Fast.

10 comments:

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Oh you poor thing! Gosh, if we were closer I'd bring you some nice warm soup. Bundle up and get well quick!

Tammy said...

Uh oh. Total bummer. Hope you get your heat working and that you feel better very soon!!!

Liz said...

Hope you feel better soon and that the heating gets fixed. XXX

Amy said...

Get well soon Ruth - and keep warm!

Alison said...

Hope you're feeling better..and that you have some heating again!!
Alison xx

Sian said...

Gosh, you look white as a sheet, you poor thing. I hope by today you are feeling a bit brighter..and warmer. Get Well Soon! x

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You poor girl! I hope you feel better and warm soon!

xoxoxoxox

Missus Wookie said...

Hope the heating is back on and you are feeling a bit better.

Beverly said...

Do hope t passes quickly. The Beast and SweetGirl were sick for a week with high fevers and flu like symptoms. The Beast tested negative for the flu but the doctor said it could be a strain other than the two they are testing for this year. Theirs was highly contagious, hope yours isn't and TBC and The Brainy One stay healthy

debs14 said...

Oh you poor thing, you do look very poorly. Hope each day finds you feeling a bit better. And let's hope that heating is soon fixed too!