Friday, 27 December 2013

The Nutcracker

Many moons ago, in another life, I had the good fortune to work at the Royal Ballet School.
A perk of the job was the frequent visits to the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden, using the entrance reserved for members of the Company.
I didn't know anything about ballet back then.
I don't know much more now.
But I do know enough to know that The Boy Child was now old enough to sit through a performance of The Nutcracker.
And he loved it!
But he gave it a qualified review: "Mummy, it was awesome, but not as good as Star Wars!"

3 comments:

Margaret J said...

Another life indeed! Where does the time go to? Pleased that TBC enjoyed the outing and his comment made me laugh out loud. Priceless!

Sian said...

Bet it was awesome! I think you would have had a couple of guests with you if we had been in town :)

Abi said...

Gosh, what a place to work- it must have been magical! I love the nutcracker ballet. I danced in it in Norwich theatre when I was seven. The music is some of my favourite.