Pages

Friday, 31 January 2014

Review

It's done.
I survived.
The Brainy One and I went into school for The Boy Child's first review meeting.
It's true to say that I was worried about it.
Who wants to listen to two hours of negative comments about their child?
But the actuality of it was completely different.
The Brainy One is an excellent public speaker and used to lecturing all day to a group of strangers.  He doesn't bat an eyelid.
He put forward our case for more supported hours for The Boy Child eloquently.
The Headmaster agreed with him.
We left the meeting with both of us feeling positive and hopeful.
Now we wait.
And while we wait, The Brainy One took me to lunch.
We went to a gastropub just around the corner from where we live.
Wholesome, home-cooked comfort food was called for.
It didn't disappoint.

14 comments:

howpeculiar said...

I'm so pleased it went well today and I hope the outcome is good. I have a related dilemma since I have 2 roles - the personal one of an advocate for dd who has autism and the professional one as a teacher with one of my remits being ASD in the school. I am confident in the professional role but less so when I'm facing the professionals.

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

A perfect way to celebrate having that meeting behind you! I'm so glad it went well, Ruth.

Have an awesome weekend!!! xo

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I'm glad the meeting went so well.

And the food looks delicious!

Alison said...

Been thinking about you all day...so glad to read this post...everything crossed that you get what you want!
Alison xx

Liz said...

Hope everything goes as you want it to. Glad you TBO got to have lunch together xxx

debs14 said...

Pleased to hear things went well. Hope you get all the help you requested.

Kirsty.A said...

So glad to hear it. I am becoming an old hand at Statement Review (another one after half term) but they are never pleasant and often upsetting. Lunch looks lovely

furrypig said...

keeping my fingers crossed and sending hugs xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Glad to hear it was such a positive meeting.

Miriam said...

So glad the meeting was positive, what a lovely way to say well done to each other.

Sian said...

Fingers crossed then. I have hope!

Missus Wookie said...

Had been thinking of you - glad it went well. Yeah for TBO being able to talk and not bat an eyelid and then take you out to lunch :)

Jane said...

so pleased it went well x

Beverly said...

Cannot tell you how happy I am that things went well. The Chosen One always had to go to meetings with me regardless of what they were about because I tend to get emotional (hate that).