Sunday, 5 January 2014

Zoom In | Zoom Out

Helena has a new photography theme on her blog for 2014 ~ one wide shot and one shot of detail.
I have no idea what this plant is called, but I like it a lot, especially in winter because it turns a beautiful shade of silver.  Don't get too close, though, as it has nasty thorns.
The Orangery you can glimpse in the background is enjoying a new lease of life as a location for period dramas.  So far we have spotted it in Dancing on the Edge and we are pretty certain it was in the Christmas special of Downton Abbey (in the scene where Mary goes out to lunch).

5 comments:

debs14 said...

Funny how nature can make deceptive plants, who'd have thought such vicious thorns were hidden in those branches?

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I like this plant, too.

And I love Downton Abbey. I watch it faithfully, and I think it starts up tonight here in the States. Very exciting. For one season, we had Downton parties.

XO,

Sheila

Sian said...

There was a lovely one on Sherlock last night too. It made me want to have a wedding reception all over again!

Missus Wookie said...

The National Trust is always showing the bits that are used in movies or tv series. I do like the colour and waxy texture on that plant - winter is good for admiring bark colours and textures.

bronya said...

Oh I didn't know they used that orangery in Downton Abbey! I must rewatch it now! I do miss that park! It all looks very familiar.