Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Zoom In | Zoom Out

It's Book Fair at school this week.
An event organised through the English department, naturally and supposedly staffed by members of the PTA.
Meet The Other Ruth.  Can you see her?
Neither she nor I stood for re-election to the PTA this academic year and yet it appears that we are still the first port of call when volunteers are needed.  As it happens, we both like to be involved with the fun things at school, so it's not really a problem.

Zoom In, Zoom Out is Helena's idea and you can see more on her blog.

9 comments:

helena said...

oh I know that feeling of no longer being on the committee but still called on to volunteer. what a lovely inviting library

Jimjams said...

LOL - they know who will actually turn up don't they! I miss those book fairs - always a great source of fun!

Sian said...

Oooh, I used to love doing Book Week!

Someone here is still doing the accounts for the Scouts because they can't find anyone else

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Love your library! I do Book Fair weeks at ours.

Amy said...

Oh gosh, same story here too re volunteering!

Missus Wookie said...

That is a lovely book sale! Much more inviting than the ones at Princess's school.

Starnitesky said...

I used to love book fairs at school and yes I was often there helping.

Miriam said...

What a lovely memory I have now of my boy dressing up for book week...I didn't spot the other Ruth until you said, lovely pair for ZIZO

Karen said...

These bring back a lot of memories from my 37 years in the elementary school. I must admit, I don't miss it though I always enjoyed the book fairs.