Thursday, 27 February 2014

Sharing a Cuppa

Hi, hi, c'mon in.  It's lovely to see you again.  Has it really been a month since our last chat over a cuppa and nibbles?
I'll just put the kettle and would you like a scone to go with your cuppa?  I've recently rediscovered how to bake scones after a hiatus of probably 30 years or more.  I know you'll laugh when I tell you we are eating far too many of them.
You've popped by just at the right time, as I'm just back from the gym and I have an hour before I need to nip out again for a blood test.  What's that, am I something of a gym bunny?  Ha, absolutely not!  I use the pool and pootle up and down without speed, style or finesse.  However, I have worked up to 30 lengths a visit, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.
You know that I'm going to mention the weather as well, don't you?  Apparently, it's been the wettest January since records began and February has been pretty wet, too. Take a good look at the blue sky outside the window, because it's not forecast to last long; sleet and snow is on the way.
How are things with you?  Have you been crafting?  I've had a lull with traditional scrapbook pages, but am hoping to rectify that this week.  I'm on top of Project Life and still enjoying the whole process.  I've began making a small travel album for our up and coming trip to New York.  It's 6x8 and I'm using themed Project Life cards from Becky Higgins.  Very handily, she has ranges called Road Trip and Americana.  I'm hoping that The Boy Child will want to write in it.  A lot.
And speaking of The Boy Child, we are still waiting for an answer from the Review Panel.  Our application for more hours was submitted a fortnight ago and we have yet to hear back from the Panel.  It seems that we had to submit our application within a set timescale, but the LEA does not have to make a decision within a timescale.  They only have to tell us within a week of making the decision.  Frustrating, to say the least.
Gosh, that was a quick hour, wasn't it?  And yet again I've monopolised the conversation.
Next month, I promise to be a better listener!

This post has been brought to you in association with Abi's invitation to share a cup of tea.
  


10 comments:

Kirsty.A said...

U
I have an hour before I need to get M ready for swimming. What better way to spend it than sit down with your tea post.

Abi said...

Thank you for tea and scones. How lovely. I love scones too but never seem to make them! How frustrating about the boy childs review panel. Do keep us informed. I'm thinking of you all. Thanks for stopping for tea with me today Ruth!

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Aw, that is frustrating waiting for answers for your boy! Your scones look delicious, and I plan to Google a recipe and see how they are made. I'm curious now...

Amy said...

I would say that date scones are a serious downfall for me ....mmmmmm.

As a whole I'm scrapping less these days but I seem to be covering more - but, last night I forgot my camera and we had so many great photo opportunities, I'm kicking myself now!

Beverly said...

yummmm the scones are delicious! If I make anything like this I have to make sure they go out the door as I am not to be eating them :( What month will you be in NY? I hope all the cold and frequent snows will be done by then. I am crafting but rarely scrapping. I hate when I have to meet a deadline but the other party does not!

Miriam said...

thank you for the beautiful scones. I haven't made them for years! i enjoyed a catch up too, hoping that you might hear something from 'the board' this week.

ally said...

Scones are delicious great with a cuppa. Thank you. I hope you hear from the review panel soon.

alexa said...

Your baking looks delicious and I've enjoyed popping in to hear a bit more about how things are for you. Isn't it frustrating about the board decision? There should be rules for them too! Keeping my fingers crossed for you all. And well done on the swimming :).

Jane said...

a scone would be lovely thanks, I do hope you have good news soon x

Theresa said...

those scones look good. Funnily enough I tried making some last week, for the first time in probably 20+ years, and they failed. I'm blaming the flour (or me not putting enough BP in the all-purpose flour that I am stuck with), and the fact that I'm over 1500 feet above sea-level, but to be honest they were never my greatest accomplishment. The chocolate cake - now that was yummy. Must have everyone round for tea next month!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...