Saturday, 15 February 2014

Simply a Moment

There I am, positioning the two of them in front of the sweetie stand and asking them to smile.
Click.
Nothing happens.
Click.
Still nothing happens.
B*gger!
The camera's battery is flat.
"Mummy, I need a wee!!" cries The Boy Child, hopping from one foot to the other.
"Hold on just a sec!"
I whip my mobile out of my bag, switch it on and locate the camera facility.
I want photographic evidence of their second date.
He's not waiting for me to try for a better photo.
The Boy Child is off, making a quick getaway to the loos.
There's no stopping him.

The lovely Alexa invites us all to stop and take a moment every month.  Read her story, and many others, here.

13 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

So sweet!

alexa said...

Lovely story, Ruth - aren't these two a special pair? You did well to get a capture with a reluctant camera and subject! Thank you for taking part again this month, and I am always touched you find time to join in when life is so busy.

debs14 said...

Oh yes, at that age the need for finding the loo is urgent. When you've gotta go, you've gotta go! Lucky you snapped that picture while you could!

Sian said...

When you need to go, you need to go..lol

Amy said...

And here I was thinking he was saving himself for his antipodean girlfriend?!

simply bev said...

Wonderfully determined expression on his face!

scrappyjacky said...

Love his expression!!

Becky said...

This is lovely! His face says it all - 'oh Mum, get a move on'! I love it!

Amanda Graham said...

A great picture- and such a cute story behind it :)

Miriam said...

Brilliant and this, when it makes it to a book or page will be wonderful when he is 20+ A lovely moment. Sunday was glorious here too.

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Haha - oh my gosh this is so cute, Ruth! TBC's little friend doesn't seem the least bit phased. ♥

Alison said...

Catching up, Ruth...such a great moment,
Alison xx

Beverly said...

He looks very much like he is ready to bolt, I admire him for sticking around for you :)