Tuesday, 11 February 2014

What's In Your Purse?*

After 12 years of faithful service, my purse has developed a hole and is losing money every time I take it out of my handbag.
I treated myself to a new one today.
What astounded me was the huge amount of plastic cards I'm carrying around on a daily basis.
Seventeen.
Bank card, driving licence, store loyalty cards, donor cards, gym membership cards (me and The Boy Child) and book tokens (The Boy Child's).
Madness.
Actual hard cash is merely an incidental.
* In this instance, a purse is the thing that carries cash and cards and then most likely goes into your handbag.

3 comments:

Sian said...

I hope it gives you years of service!

I had a nasty incident with my purse yesterday..I stuffed some notes into it, zipped the zip and promptly got a £10 stuck in the zip. Couldn't open it, ended up ripping the note. Could be new purse time here too

Missus Wookie said...

Lovely colours in the purse you've chosen. Isn't amazing how many cards you are meant to carry? I'm hoping the digital app wallet takes off :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Very nice! I've been looking for a new wallet, mine is just so big. But I haven't found anything small that has a coin pocket. I need a coin pocket.