Monday, 19 May 2014

It Seemed Like a Good Idea

Around 6.30 pm this evening, I decided that it would be a good idea to change my office around.
It all stemmed from taking down the net curtains.
I know.
Nothing in my space matches.
It's second-hand: wooden drawers and metal filing cabinet.
It's recycled from The Brainy One's office: shelves holding the albums.
None of that bothers me in the slightest.
What has been bothering me is the whole idea of too much stuff.
I'm thinking about our attempt to be more in 2014.
I may be some time.

4 comments:

Ladkyis said...

Those pesky net curtains! as soon as they come down you can suddenly see clearly and sometimes...........I was going to say that you realise that less is more and as I thought it I could see that this was what had happened so I'll shut up and put the kettle on

Missus Wookie said...

Ah - I've been wandering around enjoying the bare walls here and thinking similar thoughts. Hope you enjoy the end result even if the process takes a while :)

alexa said...

Nothing like a bit of light to reveal what we hadn't really noticed before - I always feel excited at renovations even if they are not my own so I will be watching eagerly to see how things progress :).

Sian said...

lol! Best of luck..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...