Monday, 12 May 2014

The Things He Says # 546

The Boy Child threw a funny remark into a perfectly ordinary conversation over the weekend and I wanted to make sure I recorded it.
Me: Thank you for doing your homework with the minimum amount of fuss.
The Boy Child: You're welcome, my little piece of mango.
When I think back three or four years, it's nothing short of miraculous that we can have this kind of interaction.
Some of you may think that this page design looks familiar and you'd be right.
I scraplifted one of my good friend Sian's recent pages, from a post where she talked about Adventures in Smaller Scrapbooking.
With hindsight, the title should probably read "The Things You Say #546", but as I wrote in last Thursday's post, things don't always go to plan.  A mistake becomes a design feature.

If you don't scrapbook, how do you record the funny things the youngsters in your family say? 

7 comments:

Margaret J said...

Love it!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Haha - so cute! I love that his personality is really developing - and I love when you share it here. :o)

Melissa said...

Sian is a great one to scraplift & your layout turned out fabulous!

Missus Wookie said...

Wonderful bit of humour from TBC. I didn't scrap those things when the kids were little - put them in my journal and emailed them to family. Keep meaning to pull 'em out and scrap some of them.

Sian said...

I love this! Both the words and the way you have recorded them. I do so wish I had been scrapbooking way back when..though sometimes a family discussion sparks a memory of something someone said years ago and then I scribble it down

Karen said...

I love your page and the way it records TBC's humour.

alexa said...

What a lovely way of recording these super sayings! Isn't he just delightful? I wish I had written down my children's ...