Tuesday, 24 June 2014

A Love Letter to Football

For all that I roll my eyes at the mention of football.
For all that I have to stifle a yawn at the mention of the FIFA World Cup.
For all that I have to feign interest in The Boy Child's FIFA World Cup sticker book.
For all of that ...
For football's common ground.
For football's inclusiveness.
For the lack of distinction between typical children and The Boy Child when discussing results and places in the group tables.
For all of that, football, I love you.

7 comments:

Sian said...

Well said.

Today? for me, I'm thanking football for the chance to sit quietly with my boy and talk together as we watch

Margaret J said...

Hear,hear. Great Wall chart.

debs14 said...

It certainly does have it's positive side doesn't it? So pleased to hear TBC is still engrossed in it.

Alison said...

Lovely post Ruth...I have a huge smile on my face right now!
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

It made me smile as well.

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a lovely post. We're loving the World Cup here.

Karen said...

Love this post so much Ruth.