Monday, 23 June 2014

Elevenses

The Brainy One works for himself.
Which can be a mixed blessing, as his office is at the top of our house.
But occasionally, having him home mid-morning is ideal.
A yell from the garden where I have been hanging the washing up to his open office windows.
Tea for two and a plate of homemade scones.
An unexpected hour together at the garden table.
A lovely way to start the week.

My overseas friends tell me that elevenses is a peculiarly British thing, but one that they are happy to embrace.

8 comments:

debs14 said...

I love elevenses, although I can rarely wait until 11!
How nice to have someone to share it with in the sunshine.

Becky said...

How nice to have someone to share eleven sets with :)

Becky said...

Sorry! Silly predictive text! Should be elevenses of course!

Alison said...

Yes, I still tend to have coffee at about eleven ...I feel very hard done by if I miss it!
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

It's definately one of our better customs.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Thanks for the wikipedia link. It sounds a bit like our coffee break.
Rinda

Margaret J said...

An excellent tradition, especially with company and home made scones.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I have never heard of elevenses, but your snack looks lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...