Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Photography Scavenger Hunt

The 1st June saw the start of this summer's photography Scavenger Hunt.
It's run by Rinda and anyone can take part.
Here's the list for 2014:
1. A sign welcoming people to your hometown (or a nearby town)
2. A garden gnome
3. Birds on a wire
4. A group of tourists
5. A rack of postcards
6. An urban street scene
7. A rural landscape
8. A tattoo on a person
9. A bakery
10. A photo bomb (someone found lurking in the background of photo; the lurker may have intended to disrupt the picture or may be doing it unintentionally, but the background lurker is a surprise to the photographer)
11. A horn
12. A mascot
13. A sunrise
14. A parade
15. A juggler
16. A sign in a language other than English
17. A lamp post
18. A waterfall
19. A public garden
20. A bus (not a car, truck, lorry, camper or RV) with a picture painted on its sides.
21. A photograph of you with something representing the season (recognizing that the season will be Winter for our friends in the southern hemisphere). Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.
If you find something on the list too difficult, you may substitute one of the following items for anything on the list, except for Item #21:
Alternative A: A kite, hot air balloon or blim
p.
Alternative B: A bird house. 

I'm off and running with:
#10: photo bomb:
A reflective The Brainy One getting in on the shot of our Scandinavian friends at dinner on Sunday evening.
#2: garden gnome:
Spotted on a shelf in PoundLand this morning.

Are you joining in?
There are a number of different ways to show off your photographic finds.
Kathryn Trotter has set up a facebook page called Summertime Picture Scavenger Hunt 2014. It's an open page, and anyone is welcome to join. Similarly, feel free to use #rindas2014photohunt on instagram. You can follow Rinda on instagram @rinda1961. 

9 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love that photo bomb!
I'm so glad you commented because your blog had fallen out of my reader (maybe it didn't make my transition over to feedly).
One of the great things about the Hunt is that it helps me rebuild my blog list.
Thanks for joining the Hunt!
Rinda

Mary Lou said...

What a great photo bomb. I think of all things on the list this could stump me the most.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great photo bomb! I have no idea how I am going to get that one.

debs14 said...

That is an amazing photo bomb!

Melissa said...

I'll definitely be joining in again this year! Great start to your hunt!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Great shots, Ruth. It's awesome that you already have a photo bomb shot! I just texted my brother and asked if he can still juggle. I'll be seeing him next month and hopefully he'll be able to help me out!

Sandie said...

Love the photo bomb! And the gnomes look so colourful. Great start Ruth!

Amy said...

Not sure where I'll see a gnome ....

Gail said...

What a great photo bomb.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...