Sunday, 10 August 2014

Brussels | Wall Art

It would appear that the good burghers of Brussels are not ones for bare walls.
Murals on external walls are in.
 In a big way.
So much so, that currently over 40 mostly comic-strip style murals can be found throughout the Old Quarter.
They even have their own website: www.brusselscomics.com/en/route_bd.cfm, although I don't think the link is currently working.
 More are added every year.
My mum has always told me to look up when out and about with a camera in a new place.
 She has a point.
Harmless fun?
Wanton vandalism?
Discuss.
Summer 500: 324.

5 comments:

Margaret J said...

I think they are beautiful. Somehow it shows that people care and have a sense of pride in their surroundings. Hope TBC liked them?

alexa said...

Well, I think they are splendid - especially if the alternative is a dirty, dull, cement wall. Creative talent bursting into bloom ... We could do with more of that over here in some of our duller, danker, city areas. No?

helena said...

fabulous urban art - I love how they relate to the particular wall in creative ways

Sian said...

I love every single one of those...definitely a vast improvement on the kind you can photograph round here!

Becky said...

I really like them. I think they are much nicer than blank walls, or walls with 'tags' on.