Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Right Now ...

Sometimes you have an idea for a blog post.
One of those standby blog post ideas.
For the days when you can't think of anything else.
And then you find that Ali was having the same idea.
1.  I drove the car today.  I took The Boy Child to school, along with the two bags of unwanted clothes and stuff for Bag2School.
I can't even remember that last time I drove the car.
The Boy Child actually asked, "Momma, what are you doing on that side?"
Guess it really has been a while.
2.  I've almost finished This Boy by Alan Johnson, a memoir of his childhood in west London.  I was reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, but I spoilt it by looking at how it ends.
3.  I'm thinking about the next stage of The Boy Child's education.  It's giving me sleepless nights.  I have no idea what to plan for next.
4.  I'm thinking we should book our flights for December.  Hugely excited at the prospect of Christmas in Texas.
5.  I'm very much looking forward to going with my friend to the Store of Utter Gorgeousness tomorrow.  
6.  I'm wondering if it is too early to begin thinking about Christmas present buying.  The answer to that is probably yes.
7.  I've finished our European Tour scrapbook.  I'm now making pages from our trip to New York City in April and am keen to get started on the A-Z: The Abridged Version of The Boy Child.    
8.  I need to go and supervise homework.

5 comments:

Liz said...

We're looking forward to you being here for Christmas too. Hurry up and book those flights xxx

debs14 said...

Definitely book those flights before the prices shoot up!
I do hope there is someone at TBC's current school who can suggest schools for the next phase. You've done well in your selection so far so hopefully the next stage will be equally successful.

Margaret J said...

Interesting stuff.

Melissa said...

What a great look at your life right now! Christmas is Texas - how FUN!! (If you'll be anywhere near the Dallas area, let me know & maybe we can link up!)

Sian said...

Christmas in Texas..how exciting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...