Sunday, 7 September 2014

Scrapping the Summer

What with The Brainy One taking over as Entertainments Officer last weekend and The Boy Child returning to school on Wednesday, I've been able to make a good start on our Summer 2014 album.
Project Life filler cards are being embellished and added to pages.  All the pages about Paris have that dark pink washi tape somewhere on them.  Someone sent me that washi tape and I've no idea who.  If it was you, shout up.
After seeing a brief tutorial on Shimelle's blog about making a journaling pocket, I had a go, but am not convinced the silver doily works.
Chipboard hearts coloured in with felt pen and map page from October Afternoon's Travel Girl range go really well together
Double page spreads have as many photos on as possible.  I've used this design plenty of times in the past
I'm using the same alphas all the way through: Echo Park's Fine & Dandy.
 And lace is making an appearance on the pages about Brussels.  Except that I've now run out.
How do you put your summer albums together?
Page designs repeated?
Same paper range or a mix of current favourites?

4 comments:

Ladkyis said...

usually as quickly and as simply as possible. I never was one for embellishing, I prefer to write more so I can say that if I use patterned paper then consider it embellished

Mel said...

Great peaks at your pages. Sounds like you had a lovely summer!

alexa said...

I'm one who likes simple, so I'd be going for the repeated design and minimal mebellishments. Your pages are going to come together so nicely with those repeated elements.

Sian said...

I'm loving the lace and the doily and that Travel Girl. It's perfect.

Big admission - I've never made a summer album. I make selected pages with the stories I want to tell and they all slip into whatever album I have on the go at the time