Thursday, 25 September 2014

The Beauty of the Humble Postcard

I've always been a fan of the humble postcard.
Right back to the days in the '70s when we went to holiday (usually to a friend's house, hardly ever a hotel) and sent postcards to our grandparents.
Right back to the days in the '90s when I travelled a lot more with my job and for pleasure.
Regular readers know that I still send a mass of postcards when we are on holiday.
But I also send postcards just because. An easy and quick way to say, "Hi, I'm thinking about you." And the quirkier the postcard, the better.
I love funky London ones.
I love funny ones that make me laugh out loud.
And I love the ones that speak directly to me.
Do you send postcards just because?
You should.
Just think how popular Sian's Pile of Postcards Exchange was.
How do you choose the ones you buy?

All non holiday postcards were purchased from the Store of Utter Gorgeousness.

4 comments:

Sian said...

A post to make me smile :)

On Saturday I'm going to the market here to meet up with the girl whose postcards I sent out for the swap. I'm looking forward to it.

scrappyjacky said...

I love postcards as well....especially the quirky ones.

Ladkyis said...

I missed Sian's Pile of Postcards because I was in horspiddle so I have had postcard envy all summer.
Bags I am top of the list for the next one. I love postcards too and I am a member of http://www.postcrossing.com/

This way I get PCs all year round

Hilary J said...

I love postcards too. I buy ones that speak to me when I see them (especially in THAT shop) and send them randomly to people I know. As you say, such a great way of telling people that I'm thinking of them.