Thursday, 20 November 2014

Things He Says #703

99.9% of the time, The Boy Child says things that are absolutely worth recording. 
 Things that are sweet or unintentionally funny or both.
Sometimes, however, he says things that takes my breath away.
For the wrong reasons.
Because the words he uses cause my heart to ache.
 "If I'd been born to X, I'd have a good life ... {long pause} ... instead I was born to you." 
He said these words when we were walking home from school 
and I'd just mentioned that I had seen X today.
Autism?  Typical thoughtless comment from a 7-year-old?
Either way, it's hard to remember that he doesn't understand just how powerful words are. 

7 comments:

Liz said...

Autism. He's not a thoughtless child. He's caring and loving. He knows what he wants to say but it may not always come out how it should. Xxxx

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I agree with Liz. And you know, the grass is always greener on the other side... xo!

Margaret J said...

I agree with Liz. TBC is just trying to sort his thought out xxxx

Ladkyis said...

Autism makes him feel and see things in a different way, one we can only hope to decipher. Mostly we fail. He doesn't see hurt, he just thought it and said so. I think it is great that he can just say these things to you without fear of reprisal - that shows good parenting. Sending you cwtches to ease the hurt

debs14 said...

100% of me thinks it was autism, he doesn't realise what he is saying. He probably meant it to mean something else and it just came hurtful. Sending hugs x x x

Sian said...

He thinks the world of you. It's obvious, honestly. I agree with what Ladkyis said. I think she's absolutely right: If he feels he can work his thoughts out in a safe environment, without fear of judgement, then you are doing all the right things.

alexa said...

Oh, an 'ouch-y' moment; and yet as others have said, he clearly feels able to share his transient feelings. I am sure we've all heard, said or thought "I hate you!" but it was only born of a particular situation, time and place - not the underlying truth. Rest easy :).