Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Zoom In | Zoom Out

This Manor House is situated at the entrance to the park near The Boy Child's school.  Once it ceased to be a private house, it became the borough's library*, hence the Reading Room chiseled into the door lintel.  It is now a space for exhibitions and a wedding venue and the library is elsewhere.

* The author Nevil Shute lived in my borough for a while and his characters often also lived here.  This building, when it was the library, is referenced in the novel The Far Country.    

Zoom In | Zoom Out is Helena's idea and you can see more here.

8 comments:

marshaleith said...

lovely old building...

Prairie Jill said...

Beautiful building. Love the zoomed-in view, too.

Judy said...

I love seeing the detail inside the windows!! The whole building is so elegant!!

Missus Wookie said...

Oh lovely - I like the architecture. I've walked past that park but never gone in, I'll be tempted now!

Karen said...

What a gorgeous place! So different from any school you'd find here.

helena said...

I do think reading room sounds so inviting and I love that big door

Miriam said...

I agree with Helena, reading room sounds so much more than library. Great ZIZO

Sian said...

It says Reading Room. Of course I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...