Sunday, 14 December 2014

Christmas Club

The lovely Sian at From High in the Sky blog invited bloggers to post stories from their Christmases Past.  She is running this theme each Sunday in December.
I didn't join in last week because I couldn't think of a single story of Christmas Past.
I know.
Pathetic, right?
This week, however, given that I've been to see Santa with The Boy Child, I knew I had a good memory.
In the early 1970s, we were fortunate to live in Hong Kong.  We were a military family and my brother, sister and I were the classic military brats. 
But we weren't Army.
Oh, no.
We were Royal Air Force.
And that meant instead of us going to Santa's Grotto to see Santa, he flew in by helicopter to see us.
Cool.
Very cool.
And a ya-boo-sucks to the Army brats.

11 comments:

Sian said...

Haha! Good story! i very nearly chose a black and white picture of me visiting Santa for this week. Why is it that Santa pictures seem so magical in black and white? I love this one

Becky said...

A great memory and love the photo!

Ladkyis said...

GOSH, look who the Boy Child takes after. My grandchildren were all Army brats

ally said...

Fab memory and pic

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

What a great photo. I remember visiting Santa, at the Town Hall, but sadly no pictures.

Margaret J said...

Great memory

iwillbloom said...

Oh wow, a very swish Santa! [A fellow Christmas Club-er]

smcl said...

The Boy Child is the spitting image of you! Adorable!

Miriam said...

What a brilliant story! And yes, there is something magical about a B&W Christmas photo.

Missus Wookie said...

I have it on very good authority that Air Force always got better stuff than Army. Santa by helicopter sounds amazing :)

Gail said...

That sounds exciting! Boy does the Boy Child ever look like you.