Saturday, 6 December 2014

London Lights and a Little Bit of Paddington Bear | Photo Heavy

To the West End in search of Paddington Bear and Christmas lights.
The wealthiest parts of the Monopoly board (Kensington, Knightsbridge and Park Lane) had no Christmas lights at all to speak of.  Hugely disappointing.    
 Oxford Street was strewn with floating globes.
 Selfridge's had Goldiebear Paddington in their window.
 Complete with jars of marmalade and a golden London taxi.
 We found the Bearer of Gifts in Hamleys, along with an ever so slightly scary elf.
 Regent Street's lights were pretty cool; better without the advertising in my opinion.
I would have liked my shot to look like the one below, but a lack of a tripod and shepherding a 7-year-old rather put paid to that idea. 
 We had fun with the lights on South Molton Street.
Which is where we found Sparkles.
Old and New Bond Streets based their lighting design on a peacock. 
We found our last bear, Thread Bear, next to Churchill and Roosevelt.
We had a great couple of hours, even if we did have to have supper at the Golden Arches, and I hope that I've just started a new Christmas tradition.

7 comments:

Sian said...

Little E says the Paddington film is a must see.

I saw the Christmas preparations on the Liberty programme the other night and thought of you

Kirsty.A said...

Theses are great shots, esp with the aforementioned 7 yt old

scrappyjacky said...

I always loved our visit to the London lights when I was a child.

debs14 said...

Sounds like a good tradition to start!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a special tradition to start! I loved looking at lights throughout the years, and I loved seeing what you have in London. The bears are so cute as is the Boy Child!

Thank you for your well wishes, Ruth. I have had a wild ride. I lost two months this fall and am having a hard time believing that it is Christmas already. Speaking of which, I hope and pray that you and yours have a Happy Christmas season.

Love to you,

Sheila :-)

Alison said...

TBC did well not to run away from that elf!! Xx

Missus Wookie said...

That is a rather odd elf and dinner at the golden arches is a treat for 7 year olds. Sounds like the beginning of a good tradition - we did that for many years adding in going to Hyde Park for the Winter Wonderland.