Thursday, 5 February 2015

Photography Commission

One of the other mums at school is a published author.
Not a self-published author.
Ahem.
But a proper one, with an agent and everything.
Writing children's sci-fi that people pay to read.
She has a new book coming out. 
And asked me to take the author photo for the back cover.
Gulp.
Is it really a commission though, if I don't get paid?
Does it become more of a favour?
She assures me I will have the photographer's credit.
And you never know, maybe she will give The Boy Child a signed copy of her new book. 

6 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Maybe she should offer to do a book signing at Eastercon this year as it is in London - Heathrow to be exact so not exactly far to travel?

http://www.dysprosium.org.uk/

Sian said...

She asked you because she knew you'd do a good job. That's a commission I'd say..add it to your portfolio :)

debs14 said...

Definitely sounds like a commission to me, she obviously has great faith in you.

Ladkyis said...

She commissioned you to take her picture. You will be credited as photographer - yes that's a genuine commission, yes you can put that on any CV.

I can now say I know two commissioned photographers!!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Well done Ruth!

Alison said...

Sounds like a commission to me too..well done! Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...