Tuesday, 17 March 2015

I Am What, Exactly?

Someone said to me recently, 
"Tell me who you are."
Hard to answer, that one.
The title of this blog suggests that I'm at home all day.
You know, with my feet up, drinking tea and watching Poldark on catch-up.
If only that were true.
I could say that I'm a mum who works in the home.
I could say that I work for The Brainy One's company.
Both are true statements.
But somehow they don't make me feel like I am me.
Here's what I plan to say in future.
I'm a blogger.
I'm a photographer, with several commissions to my name.
I'm a scrapbooker.  One who has appeared in print and won prizes for layouts. 
I also happen to be a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a niece and a cousin.
I'm a good friend.
I'm loved and I love.

Tell me who you are.
 Lovely Deb Turtle posted recently in a similar vein here

7 comments:

Claire said...

Fantastic post Ruth, love your list, great idea.
Claire
xx

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Awesome! I am loving this post...and you. xo

Ladkyis said...

I am Woman, therefore I am all that you imagine - and then some.

Alison said...

Great post...and pic! Xx

Anonymous said...

This is question I've struggled with too. I'll give it some though

Gail said...

What a great post Ruth. Definitely has me thinking.

Sian said...

You are a good friend!

I'm a bit of a messer, I think. I do a bit of this and a bit of that