Thursday, 9 April 2015

A Doing Nothing Kind of Day | Photo Heavy

I told The Brainy One yesterday that I was having a "do nothing" day.
What I actually meant was more of a "stay close to home" day.
 I met up with The Brainy One for a cuppa after he'd walked the pooch.
It was warm enough to go without a coat.
 I opened up the French doors for the first time this year, along with a load of windows.
 I got two garden chairs out of the shed and found their cushions. 
 I hung newly washed bedding on the line.
 I ate my lunch outside.
 I drank my afternoon cuppa outside.
 I ironed in the living room so that I could look 
through the open French doors into the garden.
I scrapbooked.
I took delivery of the bathroom tiles ... finally.
We had supper at the pub.
We signed up to Netflix.

What sort of things make up a "do nothing" day for you? 




7 comments:

Sian said...

That's pretty much a "do nothing" day here too, and that's what we call it (as opposed to a "kick the cat day", which is what my Mum calls a bad mood day). We've been having a week like that here...and it's nearly warm enough to eat lunch outside!

alexa said...

I love that cup/mug. And your apron. I am having my first twenty-four hours in the house on my own for four years, and just loving the peace and quiet. I don't really want to stray far from it!

Ladkyis said...

I have been thinking about Netflix but can't seem to find details of how much it costs - I have one film that my cousin wrote and starred in and I would like to see it and he says it is on Netflix..... sigh

debs14 said...

It's amazing how much you can get done on a doing nothing kind of day! Doesn't the sunshine make everything seem better?

Margaret J said...

Sounds like a good day.

Melissa said...

That sounds like a wonderful day! We call them "puttering days" around here & they usually consist of Robbie cooking breakfast(his way of relaxing on the weekends), some scrapbooking, some reading on the patio, and ending up with burgers on the grill.

Alison said...

Yes, that's a 'do nothing' kind of day for me too...I often manage one on Sundays...though not today xx