Sunday, 19 April 2015

Give | The First Quarter

I took stock of our One Little Word 
~ give ~
this week, now that we are through the first quarter of the year.
Back in early January, I wrote of our word:
 Those four letters offer up a lot of potential. 
For giving love.
For giving of myself.
For giving to myself.
For giving up.
For giving away.
For giving in.
Here's what I found.
I've given a lot of myself to others ~ 
to a poorly Grandad P, to the PTA at school,
 to The Boy Child's classmates on two separate occasions 
and sent around thirty pieces of Happy Mail.
I gave to myself within these last two days.
I gave up wasting time on Facebook (tried my best to look just once a day)
and Junk Mail (unsubscribed myself from every junk email that appeared in my Inbox).
That's not a bad beginning.

One Little Word is an original idea from Ali Edwards and you can read more here.

6 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Unsubscribing and limiting social media are good places to start. I managed a lot more reading with my typing restricted but have given to myself today by getting to read and catch up.

alexa said...

Giving to oneself sounds essential, otherwise we'll be empty when giving to others. I like your thinking - limits can free us up?

Melissa said...

Sounds like you are off to a great start with your word this year!

Liz said...

Your giving of happy mail was gratefully received. TUVM xx

Sian said...

It's more than a beginning..it's a full on grab that word and shake it! I think your giving means a lot to an awful lot of people.

Nathalie said...

Oh, I like what you are doing with your OLW! Very inspiring!