Friday, 3 April 2015

What Are You Reading?

What's on your reading list right now?
I'm revisiting 10 Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew.
Comments in The Boy Child's end of term report tell me that they (school) still haven't got it.
I want to be sure of my facts before emailing the teacher with a few comments of my own.
I'm discovering Poldark in the written form.
I remember that my mum had the complete set, all twelve novels. 
 If only I'd been old enough to read them in the 1970s 
It's unputdownable.
I'm even reading it on the Tube (having made sure that The Boy Child also has something to read.
  In his case, Match of the Day magazine.)
See that cute origami bookmark.  I saw it here.
Scrapbooking paper is perhaps just that little bit too thick for this.
But I'm still making quite a few of them.
After the loveliness of Poldark, I have a psychological thriller lined up.
I heard a short interview on the radio with the author of The Girl on the Train.
I've also seen it popping up on numerous blogs.
Our local bookseller has  a huge display in its window.
I don't commute any more, thankfully, but I'm a Londoner and I use the trains/Tubes a lot.
I have, however, always secretly worried that I'll find a body when out walking with the pooch
 ..."the body was found in the undergrowth by a woman walking her dog ..."  
I digress.

7 comments:

Abi said...

My mum is really enjoying poldark and like you is revisiting the books.
I am enjoying reading 'me before you' that I too found on lots of blogs. It's a page turner for sure.

Sian said...

My Mum loved Poldark in the 70's (tho we laughed and called it Podlark). I can't get into the tv version..maybe I should try to read it instead?

I've just received an Amazon order: sock knitting and a Jo Nesbo

Sian said...

ps..sounds like the teacher needs to borrow the one on Autism

debs14 said...

I've made a few of those bookmarks since seeing them on Julie's blog too! I agree that you need a slightly thinner paper too, easier to crease and fold.
I like the sound of that book, I think I'll be trying that too.

pmk said...

I've just finished the Girl on the Train and enjoyed it. I'm not sure what to read next!

Ali said...

Loving Poldark on tv and loving it :-) The girl on the train is a book I'm itching to read look forward to a review - is it as good as the hype xx

Becky said...

I bought all the Poldark books just after I met Hugh as hie and his family come from Cornwall! I gave them all away to a charity shop years ago and now we are both wishing that we still had them! I do understand where you are coming from with the school still not 'getting it'. We had that problem with Penny and the university and it took quite a few meetings to get it sorted. Wishing you all,the best. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...