Wednesday, 13 May 2015

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Making the most of today's glorious London weather,
I spent a happy hour or so pottering around the back garden.
I tackled weeding (in soil that was as hard as concrete), washing out and refilling the bird bath
and refilling up the squirrel-proof bird feeder.  
I was so happy to see at least one allium bulb had survived 
the winter gorging of the previously mentioned squirrels.
The tree peony that The Brainy One planted in June, 2011
 is producing buds for the first time.
And thanks to passing birds being careless with their lunch,
we have clumps of bluebells.
Do you like to garden?
Perhaps you're more content to admire from a far?
Maybe you grow things in pots? 

4 comments:

Margaret J said...

I have bluebells too thanks to the birds. Will be looking for a gardener next month - I can't manage the weeds anymore!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

It's fun to see what's growing in your garden, Ruth. I love gardening but haven't been making the time for it like I used to. I do have some sunflowers ready to burst open within the next week, so I'm pretty excited about those. I really wish I could grow bluebells in Arizona! The are so pretty!

alexa said...

Lovely to see what's blooming in your garden. How nice to have had free bluebells! I've been out today too, on my hands and knees trimming edges, though probably a little soggier than you!

Sian said...

It's too chilly for gardening here. Yesterday it was so windy that our little plastic propagator thingy blew away and all the plantpots tipped out. So in answer to your question: we garden, but we never have a lot of luck with it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...