Saturday, 2 May 2015

Nothing to Wear ...

Earlier this week I received an invitation to join a friend, 
her friend and friends I've yet to meet for dinner and drinks in town tonight.
I've just been looking in my wardrobe and picking out the same LBD that I always wear.
I'm not kidding, this dress is 15 years old and I even wore it to my FiL's funeral in early 2012.
Good job it's a classic design and I like it.
I'm not worried about looking mumsy.
That's what I am, a 46-year-old mum.
But on occasion, I do like to ring the changes.
With flat shoes in my bag for the Tube journey there and back.
Do you have a favourite go to outfit for nights out?


5 comments:

Ladkyis said...

I have a pair of black trousers that I bought about ten years ago and I have a pink blouse I bought at the same time. They have been worn to every family event up to this year - weddings funerals parties etc - recently I bought a new blouse because I never really liked the pink one but the trousers are good for the next ten years at least.

Margaret J said...

Enjoy the evening.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I prefer classic styles and like to get several outings from "occasion wear". I'm impressed that you can still fit in the same clothes you wore at 30, I know I can't!

Sian said...

Haha! I don't have enough nights out to keep a favourite outfit for. have a lovely time.

Did you get my email? I'm having computer problems (actually using J's laptop this morning)and I'm not sure all my messages are getting through Now I'm wondering about your plans :)

debs14 said...

A cute pair of shoes can really change the look of an outfit, and they really are a lovely pair of shoes!